Volunteers & Youth
Those involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters impact lives. Youth are impacted through one-to-one mentoring relationships. Volunteers are impacted by knowing they provided a positive adult role model to a youth. Donors are impacted by knowing they are making a sound investment with a proven return.
Think back to when you were a youth. Other than your parents, who impacted your life in some simple, yet special way? Who was the person you always remember with a smile? For youth in Big Brothers Big Sisters, we help provide this life-time memory and impact.
Benefits for Volunteers:
- Form a new relationship with a youth who can benefit from your support and friendship
- A chance to give back
- Take a break from your busy day to have fun
- Belong to the nationally recognized premier mentoring organization
- Learn new skills, leadership, commitment, and gain an appreciation for diversity
- Add fun, challenge and excitement into your life
Benefits for Youth:
When compared with their peers, youth who have a mentor matched via Big Brothers Big Sisters are:
52% more likely to remain in school
75% more likely to earn a 4-year degree
48% more likely to volunteer
81% more likely to hold a leadership role in an organization